Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home!!


We are just now getting internet access at our new home so we haven't been able to post anything before today! I think we may finally be getting over the jet lag! I have never been so tired in all of my life!!




First, let me say that I don't care if I ever see the inside of an airplane or airport EVER!! The flights back from China were horrific! We left Guangzhou at 8:15am-Jan. 1st to Beijing. Left Beijing at 1:00pm - Jan. 1st; arrived 1:30pm in NYC on JANUARY 1ST!!!! Poor Abby didn't enjoy the flight at all...she only slept 2 hours on the flight to NYC, the rest of the time she was crying and screaming!! I don't know who I felt more sorry for- us, or the people sitting around us!


Once we finally got home, our new home in Ooltewah, TN, we were completely exhausted, but thankful that the Lord had seen us through yet another Hayes adventure and we knew that the adventure was going to continue...


Since our adventure in Tennessee has begun, each day seems to get better. The jet lag is finally gone, we are trying to sort through our stuff, and trying to get used to one another. Abby took right to Emily and her Nana and Papa(Candi's parents). Emily didn't really know what to do with Abby for the first couple of days, but everyday seems to get better. She(Emily) has been so brave and is growing up so fast. She couldn't wait to go to AWANA this past Wed. night at our new church. She surprised us by walking to her class with her teacher and seemed to really enjoy herself! Our first Sunday service, I was really on pins and needles. I didn't know what to expect from Abby with it being her very first time in church. But, praise the Lord, she just sat there and took everything in, ate her Goldfish, and acted like she had been in church all of her life. She was even giving high fives and hugs by the end of the service. Thank You Lord for another answered prayer!


Don't get me wrong, we have our challenges and battles each and every day, but I know that the Lord will see us through. I was reading in the Psalms yesterday and read, I believe in Psalm 56 where He bottles up our tears!! I told the Lord, I imagine that He already has a warehouse full of bottles from my tears. He keeps reminding me that His grace is sufficient for me...in everything!!

3 comments:

Hope said...

Hi Candi & Chris

So glad to see the picture of the girls! It is so sweet! Glad that you all are in TN now. We definetly have to get together because you are only about an hour to hour 15 mins away. Candi is your email still the same? We need your new home address for the swap. I will email you later. So glad that God has brought you home safe and through this amzing adventure. Praise God and bless you all. Hope

Traci said...

Hey yall!
I love the picture of the girls! I bet they are really enjoying each other! Glad your getting settled! Boy, that jet lag is the pits, huh? We are doing good, just SO ready to be in our own house! Hopefully soon! Pray that insurance will start to cooperate!
We sure miss you guys and can't wait to see you all again!
Love,
The 5 T Kendricks

Melody said...

Dear Chris and Candi,

Goodness! How very good it is to see your post and the picture of your sweet girls.

Praise God for His GREAT goodness and WONDERFUL care.

Praise Him, Praise Him.