Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Almost Home

We are almost home! Our journey here in China has been one filled with God's miracles and His grace. I still feel like I am in a dream. I wonder when all of this will hit me! I look back over the past few months…since September, and I can only say that His strength is perfect and that nothing is impossible with God. I praise Him for giving us strength and peace during all of the happenings and events taking place.

Today, we had our group picture taken in the hotel lobby. Almost half of our group will leave out tomorrow. Even though all of us are ready to go home, it was sad to say goodbye. But, we know that we have made some life long friends during this trip. Termite, Tracey, and family from Big Spring, TX came by our room this evening to say goodbye. We have been with them throughout this whole trip. It is amazing how quickly we have bonded and I know that our friendship will be for a lifetime.

This afternoon, we had our appointment at the US Consulate. We all walked in, went through security, checked our passports, raised our right hands and said "I will"….and "ta-dah" it was done!! That is the quickest thing we have ever seen the US Government do!! I guess they figured that after three years of nothing but paperwork, they should give us a break. So, on January 1, 2009 when we land at JFK airport in NYC, our Abby YiYa will officially be a US Citizen!!!

Abby continues to open up to both of us. She has even gotten attached to several of the teenagers on the trip with us and will reach up to them to pick her up. She is hilarious and very sweet, but also has a stubborn streak…does she get that from the Hayes or Jones side….probably both!! We can't wait for Abby and Emily to meet. Our prayer is that they will bond and love each other from first sight!

On a side note: If I eat at a McDonalds within the next ten years it will be too soon!! I might throw up the next time I even see those golden arches in the sky.

Almost Home...they say that home is where the heart is. My heart is already in TN...where our family will be reunited on January 1st...what a way to celebrate the New Year!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Hey guys! We sure do miss ya'll! (Yeah for Texans!) Hope you made home ok and are adjusting well! I bet Emily and Abby are loving each other up! We are having a blast with Toryn. He is so rotten! Thanks to all of his aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course Grandmas! We had NOTHING to do with it! Right! We wanted to let you guys know that we sure did enjoy becoming your new friends. We feel so honored and thank God for this new bond and friendship that we will cherish a lifetime. We MUST get together one of these days! We wish you many blessings in your new home and church! God bless, Termite, Traci, Tessa, Treagan, & Toryn