Saturday, December 20, 2008

Nihao from Beijing China!

We arrived in China safely after many hours in the air!! By the time we arrived at the Beijing airport, Chris and I had only slept maybe 3 hours since Wednesday. We didn't even know what day it was...we totally missed Friday, the 19Th!!! Needless to say, when we stepped off that plane, we were certainly in a different world!! I can hardly believe that we actually here!! I feel like I am in a dream. We have been praying for so long about our adoption and it is hard to believe that in just two days Abby will be in our arms!!



Today - Saturday, has been nonstop! We started with a tour of Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, Imperial Garden, and shopping at a pearl market. We then had lunch-authentic Chinese cuisine. They just kept bringing the food!! Most of it was delicious, some of it we could not decide what it was..Chris tried it all, I passed on just a few - possibly squid??? After lunch we toured the Summer Palace. (By the way, it is freezing cold here today and we may see some snow tomorrow!! Chris is about to freeze in just his little hoodie!) Everything is absolutely beautiful and interesting. We also saw the different buildings were the Olympics took place. We then went to a silk museum where they showed us how they make the silk blankets. After that we were promised pizza..we did get pizza after about the sixth or seventh dish they brought out. I got to try duck for the first time and I really liked it!



The other families that are here with us are all great! We have quickly become friends. One family is from Ooltewah, TN where our new home is going to be. They live only about 2 miles from us! I never cease to be amazed how the Lord works and how He brings people together! I am constantly reminded by Him that even when we don't understand sometimes what He is doing or why, His timing and plans for our lives are always perfect! I praise Him for His sovereignty.

Some Mandarin that we have learned: Nihao-hello, xie xie-thank you, bu yao-no thank you, I don't want any!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can certainly see God's hand in all this. It surely is not by chance that you find a home in Ooltewah, TN and then one of the adopting families you meet in China just happens to be from Ooltewah and only 2 miles away. I've been telling everyone about it and everytime I tell it, I just get chills. You should see the response from people when I tell them...its truly a testimony to how God cares for us. I love you guys! Mom